Topic 3 Trait Theory Worksheet
Complete any “Big 5” (OCEAN) personality test for free online, refer to the Topic 3 resources for suggestions, and obtain your “Big 5” (OCEAN) personality profile. Using that information, answer the following questions and cite any references accordingly using in-text citations and a reference list in APA format.
1. List your percentile scores for each category as they appear on the site:
2. The site producing the scores provides a descriptor for each score. Discuss a sentence or two that particularly stood out to you and explain why.
3. Using at least one current scholarly source (journal article), provide a concise and clear explanation in one to two paragraphs about the potential
benefits of using personality testing as a tool for determining an individual’s suitability for employment in a specific job.
4. Using at least one current scholarly source (journal article), provide a clear and concise explanation in one to two paragraphs about the
limitations of using personality testing as the sole factor in determining an individual’s suitability for employment in a specific job. Include a discussion on ethical issues that may arise from the use of personality testing in employment decisions.
5. Imagine a scenario where someone unexpectedly gains access to their boyfriend/girlfriend’s test results. In one to two paragraphs, explain why this person may feel a strong urge to review their partner’s results. Discuss potential social and ethical challenges that could arise from this revelation
6. Should we know the personality profiles of our community leaders? In one to two paragraphs, provide a reasoned response, justifying your stance. Discuss the potential benefits and drawbacks for the public in having access to the personality profiles of their leaders.
© 2023. Grand Canyon University. All Rights Reserved.