Steps 4 – 8
Nike is the Company
Step 4 Industry Analysis
Perform a Porter Five Forces analysis on the organization’s industry and the specific company in particular.
Step 5 Competitive Analysis
Perform a Competitive Analysis using the specific company’s closest three competitors plus the selected company. Explain why these companies are competitors. Analyze the competition’s products and services, explaining features, value, targets, etc. What are the competition’s strengths and weaknesses, and what is the market outlook for the competition?
· Identify and discuss at least eight (8) key success factors (critical success factors). Each industry has different key success factors, so make sure the success factors fit the industry. Review the Competitive Profile Matrix Example under Week 3 Content for clarification.
· Develop a Competitor Profile Matrix (CPM). Explain how you developed the matrix. Make sure to support your reasoning.
Step 6 Partial SWOT Analysis
A SWOT analysis is a tool used to assess the strengths and weaknesses (internal environment) and the opportunities and threats (external environment) of an organization. You will complete a partial SWOT analysis only completing an analysis on the OT (Opportunities and Threats). The information presented is not based on your beliefs but fact-based, data-driven information. The items used in the OT are factors that are affecting or might affect the specific company or those companies within the identified industry.
· Develop an OT table using your research to identify at least five (5) opportunities and five (5) threats that influence the industry and the specific company. Make sure to cite the elements within the table.
· Perform an OT analysis (separate from the SWOT table).
· You may not use a SWOT analysis that is already completed and available on the Internet. The OT is for the specific company and no other company. A zero will result if used as the analysis results from your research and your own development.
NOTE: A matrix is a table. It is not an analysis.
Step 7 External Factor Evaluation (EFE) Analysis
The External Factor Evaluation (EFE) matrix will allow you to use the industry analysis and the competitive analysis to assess whether the specific company can effectively take advantage of existing opportunities while minimizing the identified external threats that will help you formulate new strategies and policies. You will use the opportunities and threats from the OT analysis.
Using the information gathered for the OT analysis, develop an EFE matrix using five (5) opportunities and five (5) threats. Discuss how you developed the EFE matrix and the outcome. Make sure to support your reasoning.
Step 8 Conclusion
Create a conclusion. The Conclusion is intended to emphasize the purpose/significance of the analysis, emphasize the significance/consequence of findings, and indicate the wider applications derived from the main points of the project’s requirements. You will conclude with the findings of the external environment analysis.