As part of your narrated business career timeline, you must present at least 5 action items related to your future career (you can have more than 5!). These action items should aid in inching you closer to your dream job and should be achievable within the next year.
In the file section there is a visual example of what a timeline can look like- we encourage you to get creative with your timeline!
for your career related action items, utilize the topics covered in this course and create a timeline that reflects what you have learned. Here is a list of possible topics to explore when developing your action items:
- Utilizing FIU Business Career Resources (e.g. Handshake, VMock, PathwayU, InterviewStream, Forage, Career Counselors, etc).
- Professional development opportunities found in Handshake (e.g. workshops, trainings, seminars, etc).
- Academic accomplishments and/or goals (e.g. certificates, specific electives, GPA goals, dean’s list, honors, etc).
- Education needed beyond a bachelor’s degree to achieve your dream career (e.g. master’s degree, prerequisites for other programs, licenses, etc).
- The job search process (e.g. building a network, attending career fairs, developing a LAMP list, 6-point emails, LinkedIn, interview prep using InterviewStream, etc).
- Participating in Internships (e.g, using Handshake to search for opportunities, etc).
- Virtual Experience Programs (Forage)
- Joining clubs or groups that are related to your career path (e.g. Alpfa, Beta Alpha Si, AMA, etc).
Please note: Your presentation MUST be narrated and be within 3-5 minutes in length. This means your voice must be heard during the presentation.
"Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!"