In this component of the white paper, you will compile the evidence from your literature sources to include a written, fully evidence-backed analysis of the current state regarding your chosen topic.
Your analysis needs to focus on evidence-based information resources. You have already gathered eight sources and assessed for credibility. You will use this week to write your literature review. You will gather other sources as you identify gaps in what you have – just as you would need to do in your workplace. A thorough scan of the evidence base is critical to writing in the health professions.
Some additional tips on writing this section of your white paper:
- Do not share opinions in this section. You will have a space to share your opinions and to try to convince others of the merits of your recommendation. When reviewing the literature, you must be an objective reporter of what is being said.
- Write this section in a formal tone using third-person pronouns. Imagine that a Board of Trustees or a Congressional panel could look at this. As a representative of a healthcare organization, you want to build credibility for yourself and your organization.
Final Project: White Paper OverviewDownload Final Project: White Paper Overview
Please address the following:
- A formal introduction to the topic. You can adapt this from our conversations about your topic selection in Module 1.
- Background of your topic issue, including why this issue is important
- Analysis of the current state of the issue, including contributing factors to the issue
- Stakeholders affected (or affecting) this issue
- Needs/gap in healthcare services created or exacerbated by this issue
- Anything else you need to establish an evidence-based foundation for your white paper
- It should be 4-6 pages in length, in APA format. Keep in mind that you should also create your “References” section in this assignment, which would be included at the end of our paper. References need to be in APA format.
To recap, in your evidence-based description of the current state on your issue, your sources should include:
- At least four references from peer-reviewed academic journals
- At least two references from the websites of associations related to your topic, with current and credible articles on these sites related to your topic
- At least two references from state or federal government websites, with current and credible articles on these sites related to your topic
"Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!"