For this learning activity, you will complete an online learning module from the Institute for Healthcare Improvement.
The goal of this activity is to provide you with an examination of effective teamwork and communication in a health care setting.
Effective teamwork and communication are critical parts of the design of safe systems. In this course, you’ll learn what makes an effective team through case studies from health care and elsewhere. You’ll analyze the effects of individual behavior for promoting teamwork, communication, and a culture of safety. You will learn several essential communication tools, such as briefings, SBAR, and critical language, and you will learn how to prevent common problems associated with lapses in communication during critical transition points in health care.
Once you have completed all three lessons in this module, you will receive a certificate of completion. To receive credit for this assignment, you will need to submit that certificate of completion.
- Log in to your account on IHI. (You should have created an account in Week 1.)
- Go to the PS 104: Teamwork and Communication learning module.
- Complete Lessons 1–3.
- Download your certificate of completion and upload it here.
In order to be granted access to the Open School courses as a student, you must update your account for student access and then fully logout for this access to be triggered. Please follow the steps below to update your account for student access.
- Log in and go to your My IHI Portal.
From Students and Residents, click the pencil icon at the top right:
- From the Student or Resident? drop-down, select the role that best describes you: Student – Full Time, Student – Part Time, or Resident.
- Enter your School E-mail address (this should end with .edu, though it does not need to match the primary email on your account).
- Select Year of Graduation.
- Click Save.
- Scroll back to the top of the screen. Select the sign out button.
- This should take you back to the homepage, click the log out button.
- Return to https://education.ihi.org/ if it still shows as being logged in, please click your initials in the right-hand corner to sign out.
- Proceed to log on at https://education.ihi.org/ . From the main screen, click Browse Catalog, and view the Open School courses listed, you should see the blue button “Enroll.” Once you click “Enroll,” the course will appear in your Learning Center and you can click “Launch” to start the course.
- If you are still seeing add-to cart instead of enroll, please log out, see How to Clear Cookies in Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Other Browsers, and try logging in again.
- You can find information on how to Access the New Open School courses and Claiming Credits for Your Completed Program, as well as other shortcuts and answers to FAQS by visiting IHI Education Quick Start Guide.
"Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!"