For this assignment, you will finalize your Final Project Assignment for final submission..
Select two psychological theories and consider how they relate to the topic you chose in Week 1 and Week 7.
Cognitive development theory conceived by Jean Piaget and Social role theory as refined by Eagly are the two psychological theories I chose. Please include Jean Piaget references and Robert Eagly’s as well.
need 5 pages (apart from the title page and references) that references at least four scholarly articles and includes at least two unique articles for each theory you selected. Your final project should include the following:
- A description of both theories you selected and why you think they are appropriate for the topic you chose from the list or that was pre-approved by your Instructor by the end of Week 5
- A comparison of the theories related to the topic you chose
- An argument as to which theory provides a better understanding of the topic
- An explanation of how psychological research grounded in these two theories helped you better understand the characteristics of the topic
- An examination of cultural aspects that might contribute to that understanding
Brown, D. L., Rosnick, C. B., & Segrist, D. J. (2017). Internalized racial oppression and higher education values. Journal of Black Psychology, 43(4), 358–380. doi:10.1177/0095798416641865
D’Souza, J., & Guerin, M. (2016). The universal significance of Maslow’s concept of self-actualization. Humanistic Psychologist, 44(2), 210–214. doi:10.1037/hum0000027
Karaman, M. A., & Watson, J. C. (2017). Examining associations among achievement motivation, locus of control, academic stress, and life satisfaction: A comparison of US and international undergraduate students. Personality and Individual Differences, 111, 106–110.
Kumar, R. (2016). Motivation and culture. In H. L. Miller (Ed.), The SAGE encyclopedia of theory in psychology (pp. 573–576). Thousand Oaks, CA: SAGE Publications
Nguyen, T. (2016). Intrinsic versus extrinsic motivation. In H. L. Miller (Ed.), The SAGE encyclopedia of theory in psychology (pp. 475-478). Thousand Oaks, CA: SAGE Publications.
Ryan, R. M., & Deci, E. L., (2000). Intrinsic and extrinsic motivations: Classic definitions and new directions. Contemporary Educational Psychology, 25, 54–67. doi:10.1006/ceps.1999.1020
Document: Final Project Overview (PDF)
Document: Psychology Theories Template (Excel Spreadsheet)
Moss, D. (2001). The roots and genealogy of humanistic psychology. In K. J. SchneiderJ. F. Bugental & J. F. Pierson The handbook of humanistic psychology: Leading edges in theory, research, and practice (pp. 5-20). Thousand Oaks, CA: SAGE Publications.