Some countries have implemented measures to protect the privacy of their citizens. In this assignment you will examine the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) implemented in the European Union to enforce privacy laws. You will then compare these regulations to their U.S. counterparts. Specifically, in a 3–4-page paper you will:
- Define the GDPR.
- Justify the need for the GDPR.
- Review the GDPR’s key principles.
- Research an organization that violated the GDPR.
- Describe the specifics about the violation, including the violator, the GDPR principles that were violated, the impact on consumers, and the remedy that was applied.
- Compare and contrast an existing U.S. initiative that protects citizens’ privacy with the GDPR.
- Go to Basic Search: Strayer University Online Library to locate and integrate into the assignment at least three quality, peer-reviewed academic resources, written within the past five years.
- Include your textbook as one of your resources.
- Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as quality resources.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions. Note the following:
- The preferred method is for your paper to be typed, double-spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
- Include a cover page containing the assignment title, your name, your professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
- Include a source list page. Citations and references must follow SWS format. The source list page is not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Review foundational cybersecurity concepts and the federal, state and local cyber defense partners/structures.
"Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!"