DIRECTIONS: After reviewing the module resources and the readings, complete this assignment. Consult additional research.
Will be submitted via turn it in
For this assignment, you will design a Workshop for Teachers of the Gifted that addresses the best ways to develop the creative potential in students who are culturally diverse and twice-exceptional. Creative behaviors can be misconceived for special populations. It is up to the educators to recognize how the behaviors of these students are exhibited. Educators must also use these behaviors as a catalyst to develop academic skills and creative potential (Lynch & Harris, 2001). Follow the steps below to design your creativity workshop for teachers of the gifted:
- Give a brief description of the relationship or interdependence of giftedness and creativity (provide research support).
- Provide an explanation about the need to approach creativity development for special populations differently than traditional gifted students (provide research support).
- Offer modifications and supports for teaching three (3) special populations groups:
- African American
- Include information about the topics below for each of the three (3) groups identified above.
- Creative behaviors (e.g., sense of humor)
- Misconceptions by educators or others (e.g., talking out of turn/disruptive)
- Problems faced by students in the educational setting (e.g., lack of interest)
- Needs of students (e.g., development of self-concept, sense of belonging)
- Teaching strategies and learning activities (e.g., role-playing and storytelling)
- Be sure to provide research support for each topic above.
"Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!"