In this discussion, we’re going to take a look at issues associated with reporting known or suspected cases of elder abuse and the abuse of persons with disabilities.
Helpful web sites:
- RAINN (Under Search type in “State Law Database” then choose your state. Click on “Mandatory Reporting: The Elderly”)
- National Domestic Violence Hotline
- National Committee for the Prevention of Elder Abuse
Choose a state that you are interested in and respond to all of the following questions and at least 2 of your classmates’ posts.
Name of state:
- Who are the mandated reporters?
- Who is exempt from reporting (if applicable)?
- What is the definition of an “adult”?
- What are the penalties for failing to report?
- What information is needed for the report?
- Is there anything particularly helpful and/or harmful about the manner in which your state deals with reporting elder abuse and/or abuse against a person with disabilities?
***Please base your responses on the State of Maryland
"Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!"