As you observed in the LIVE session, there is a connection between chapter three and chapter one. Therefore, as an extension of our week in the mock chapter three from last week, we will write a mock chapter one. For the sake of preparation, we will be using the required headings from the University of the Cumberlands Dissertation Handbook. Like we discuss in class, each university has unique parameters for what they expect in chapter one, so you may see papers from other universities that look slightly different. The importance here is to focus on the content, not necessarily the organization. This assignment will help determine your readiness to write a full-length chapter one.
- Review the rubric and examples to make sure that you understand what is expected of you in this assignment.
- Chapter One Samples.pdf
- Rubric for Chapter One.docx
- Develop a 3-4 page (more is fine) mock chapter one to include the following expectations from the university:
- Overview (1-2 well developed paragraphs)
- Background and problem statement (1-2 well developed paragraphs)
- Purpose of the study (1 well developed paragraph)
- Significance of the study (1 well developed paragraph)
- Research Questions (numbered list)
- Limitations of the Study (1 short paragraph)
- Assumptions (1 short paragraph)
- Definitions (list)
- Summary (1 well developed paragraph)
"Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!"