The history of psychology is built upon understanding the work of particular individuals throughout history. Your textbook mentions several major and minor contributors to the understanding of psychology’s history. However, the textbook is one interpretation of the writings and thoughts of these historical figures. To have a better understanding of those thoughts, you need to read samples of the original works.
- For this assignment, you will research something that has been written by an individual from the time period(s) being studied (choose a name from the textbook readings) this week
- The work must be something written by the chosen person, but need only be a sample of the chosen historical work and involve only a few pages of writing. Make sure the writing deals with the topics being covered this week.
- There are several sources to use to obtain the works; the best place to start is to search for the person’s name on the Internet using Google but you can only utilize this to find information about the person. Use an original historical work by an author of your choice, but keep in mind that you should use peer-reviewed, academic sources for the analysis of this work.
After reading the material, answer these questions:*******
- What were the main points of the writing?
- What were the differences and similarities between what you read and what was written about the individual in the textbook?
- Based on your own views of psychology, how does the author’s viewpoint fit into your current understanding of psychology?
- Submit in a Microsoft Word document, that includes an APA cover page, reference page, and in text citations throughout the document.
"Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!"