- Use your best judgment, based on the information in the case and your research, and rate Trader Joe’s current profile of skills, competencies, and capabilities, as identified in the detailed value chain in the case supplemental document. Fill your rating in the table and explain your rating. Use the following scale to rate and state any assumptions you make:
- If the skill, competency, or capability is “World Class” (clearly best in industry and could be benchmark for other industries), rate the item a 10.
- If the skill, competency, or capability is “Industry Best” (clearly number 1 or 2 in the industry), rate the item an 8.
- If the skill, competency, or capability is “Industry Average,” rate the item a 5.
- If the skill, competency, or capability “Needs Improvement,” rate the item a 3.
- If the skill, competency, or capability is a “Critical Deficiency,” rate the item a 1.
- What is your average rating (which assumes that all the skills, competencies, and capabilities in the value chain were equally important)? Does this average tell you anything? What?
- What three skills, competencies, or capabilities, across all categories, do you think are strategically the most important in the industry? Why?
- Based on your responses above, does Trader Joe’s have the capabilities in place to win? To continue to win? Why?
- What should Trader Joe’s do right now to leverage its competitive strengths and mitigate or improve upon competitive weaknesses?
Your summary response to questions 2–5 above (4 single-spaced paragraphs) that will be the body of the Discussion text area
- Your completed version of the Trader Joe’s supplemental table, which you should attach to your response (make sure to rename the file and append your last name first initial to the file name)
- Please see attachment below for this assignment
"Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!"