- Describe strategies for staying safe on campus and elsewhere
- Make a list of 3–5 campus safety issues you’re personally concerned about. This might include anything from worrying about parking lot security and car break-ins to date rape or hate crime.
- Visit your college Web site, and search for safety and security information that’s relevant to your concerns. Record the name and contact information for each resource you find and any procedures you learn about. For example, if you’re worried about your backpack or computer getting stolen while you’re at school, find out what should you do if it happens. Who should you call, and what might you need to provide? If you come across useful prevention measures (e.g., “record the serial number of your computer somewhere else, so you’ll have it for the theft report”), write those down, too.
- For the assignment, use the information you found to create your own Safety Directory, as below.
Safety IssueResourcePhone NumberAddress/Web SiteImportant Information
- Make sure the information is also stored somewhere in your computer and phone so you can find and use it later. (Add it to your contacts, for instance.)
"Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!"