- Students will prepare an essay (1100 words, +/- 100 words, excluding Title and Reference pages).
- Choose a topic from the list below:
- Argue why Josef Pieper conception of leisure is the best one in modernity, or instead why it might be a limited conception in comparison to another theory of leisure.
- Argue why a life is better with leisure today, and why for the classical Greeks, an absence of leisure meant an absence of a happy life.
- Argue why John Dewey and modern liberal thinkers did not agree with Aristotle’s ideas on education or on leisure generally.
- Argue how modern psychological conceptions of happiness and the classical idea of happiness in Aristotle differ.
- What was the “Greek Leisure Ideal” and how would it manifest today according to Sebastian De Grazia? What happened to it?
- Argue why the liberal arts are so important in education and leisure, and explain its Greek origin and how that is received today.
- You must choose from this list, but it can be modified slightly if you have an idea you wish to pursue. The main requirement is that you must contrast at least one ancient thinker and one modern one.
- The paper must be well researched and contain a minimum of 6 sound academic sources.
- Textbook or course readings may be used, but do not count in this total
- At least 3 of the new sources should be peer reviewed sources
- The paper must be free of spelling and grammatic errors, and written and organized according to APA style.
i am attaching a proper format document, everything needs to be done according to that. it has all the ideas. my essay has to be done on JOHN DEWEY. I am in DEWEY’S support so please refer to the same in format.
"Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!"