- Provide a title and year of a show, movie, etc. you have seen that included a character with mental illness or a developmental disability. (You will most likely need to re-rewatch it in order to provide accurate descriptions and examples in your response.) Feel free to choose one of the following movies.
- Movies about anxiety disorders:
- American Sniper (2014)
- The Aviator (2005)
- Reign Over Me (2007)
- As Good as It Gets (1997)
- Fearless (1993)
- Movies about memory loss and dementia:
- The Music Never Stopped (2011)
- Still Alice (2014)
- The Vow (2012)
- Memento (2000)
- The Notebook (2004)
- Movies about mood disorders (Depression and Bipolar Disorder)
- It’s Kind of a Funny Story (2010)
- Silver Linings Playbook (2012)
- Movies about schizophrenia and/or psychosis
- A Beautiful Mind (2001)
- The Soloist (2009)
- Benny and Joon (1993)
- Movies about autism spectrum disorders
- Temple Grandin (2010)
- Mozart and the Whale (2006)
- Rain Man (1988)
- Include a statement about the overall accuracy of the movie (or episode). In other words, did you think the movie (or episode) was generally accurate or inaccurate in its presentation of mental illness and/or a developmental disorder? Why?
- Describe at least one behavior and scene depicting the ill and/or disordered character’s behavior(s) and explain why you think it provides evidence for your opinion.
- Explain how information from at least one of your class readings or videos (or from another academic source) supports your conclusion. Be sure to cite your source (clearly state where you got your information).
Wording Requirement: at least 300 words.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Movies or other media that focus on Dissociative Identity Disorder (otherwise known as Multiple Personality Disorder) are not an option for this assignment.
"Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!"