Select or create an organization for the authentic assessment. In this first assignment, you will begin to develop a training needs analysis (TNA) for your chosen organization . I chose PROSEGUR. Note: It is recommended that you choose your own organization (where you are currently employed). If you are not employed, reach out to the professor to help with selection of an organization. DO NOT use Walmart, Target, or Starbucks as your organization.
For this assignment #1, you will work on the Training Needs Assessment items 1-5 only.
- Provide information about the organization and its needs regarding the training issue:
- This should include general, high level information about the company in terms of product/services, size, geography, workforce attributes, etc. The training issue is the problem or challenge (could be deficiency OR need based on a predicted change in the operation, workforce, etc.). Here this should be “high level”, focused on the organization (not specifically the individual workers yet).
- Determine the group or individuals who will receive the training:
- This should include information about the target audience as it will impact the training developed – including demographic information, type of work, location of work, etc.
- Identify the training issue:
- This is a continuation from item 1. Here you will focus more on the individual workers and/or teams.
- NOTE: the training issue should NOT be that they lack training. It should be tied to a performance deficiency or need.
- Provide a training needs assessment questionnaire:
- The questionnaire should provide insight into the training need/gap; therefore it should focus on the training issue itself – choose questions that provide insight to the issue. In a sense, the questionnaire helps you identify and analyze the “why” (e.g., if you are addressing a performance issue, the questionnaire would help you hone in on the real issue).
- SUGGESTION: consider what kinds of questions of the audience are most relevant as you will want to obtain the most tangible and useful information.
- NOTE: you do NOT have to administer the questionnaire due to time considerations, however, you must develop the questions to be asked of your audience!
- Your questionnaire should be included as an appendix to your paper – inserting questions within the narrative of your paper does not suffice.
- Explain how the questionnaire will be utilized and will lead to the development of training outcomes/learning objectives within your written report:
- Here you will essentially validate the questions posed in your questionnaire – if you can’t do that, you should probably revisit your questions.
- You will probably not have the time or resources to implement the questionnaire or compile all the organizational and training-specific information necessary to complete the TNA. (Note: If you were able to get real data and results from your questionnaire, great! Otherwise, be creative and fabricate results.) The goal is to understand how a TNA is done effectively and to practice completing one
"Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!"