Now try it on your own: search the internet for a Gothic themed text and post it here in the discussion thread. A few rules:
Underneath your chosen text, tell us a bit about what you’ve chosen:
1) What is the text’s genre?
2) List all the conventions that let us know this text belongs to this genre.
3) What is the main purpose of this text and genre? How do the conventions help achieve this purpose?
4) How is the text intended to make us (the audience) feel? How do those feelings help achieve the text’s purpose?
5) Who are the rhetor(s)? What motivated them to create this text?
6) Bonus question: How does this text fulfill or challenge our expectations about the Gothic?