This week, we discussed cardiovascular disorders. Select a topic from your readings, outcomes, objectives, concepts and sub-concepts (below) and present a question that applies to a concept or a disease process, wellness or illness. Submit your question in the following formats: audio, text or webcam. Once your comment has been posted, submit responses to your peers’ questions and comments. Consider the outcomes, objectives and concepts below when formulating your initial question.
Your question and response should explain, illustrate, justify, trace, discuss, compare, contrast, agree or disagree, interpret, evaluate, and summarize.
Weekly Outcomes & Weekly Objectives
- Articulate alterations in structure and function of the cardiovascular and hematologic systems. (CO 1)
- Trace the impact that alterations in the cardiovascular and hematologic systems have on the body. (CO 2)
- Summarize the impact of alterations in the cardiovascular and hematologic systems on homeostasis. (CO 3)
- Understand normal cardiovascular system disorders.
- Compare and contrast common cardiovascular conditions: causes, clinical manifestations, diagnostic tests, and treatments.
- Apply understanding of alterations in and cardiovascular systems across the lifespan to formulate care priorities.
- Examine responses to aging and its impact on pathophysiologic changes in the cardiovascular system.
- Describe how heredity and genetics influence pathophysiological alterations in the cardiovascular system.
- Understand hematologic response to illness and injury.
- Examine factors leading to cancers of the hematologic system.
- Compare and contrast common types of anemias: causes, clinical manifestations, diagnostic tests, and treatments.
- Apply understanding of alterations in the hematologic system across the lifespan to formulate care priorities.
- Apply growth and development principles as they relate to the impact of aging on pathophysiologic changes.
- Describe how genetics influence pathophysiological alterations in the hematologic system.
Main Topics and ConceptsSub-Concepts with Exemplar
- Alterations in the cardiovascular system: perfusion
- Alterations in physical structures and functions
- Alterations in cardiac system function
- Pathophysiologic cardiovascular system response to aging
- Congenital and genetic influences on cardiovascular system pathology
- Alterations in the hematology system
- Hematologic response to illness and injury
- Cancers of the hematologic system
- Pathophysiologic hematologic system response to aging
- Genetic influences on hematologic system pathology
- Fluid imbalances: pulmonary edema; congestive heart failure
- Metabolism: metabolic syndrome
- Perfusion: pulmonary embolism; heart disease; hypertension; venous versus arteriole disorders; and shock states
- Aging process: chronic leukemia
- Acute versus chronic conditions
- Cellular adaptation: acute leukemia
- Perfusion: polycythemia
- Oxygenation: anemias and hemoglobin and hematocrit levels
- Genetics: hemophilia A, chronic myeloid leukemia (CML)
- Injury: disseminated intravascular coagulation (DIC)
For full credit, your initial post should:
-introduce the question
-include 2 scholarly sources (one is an assigned reading, the other is a journal article or credible website)
****BOOK PDF POSTED BELOW****
"Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!"