Mini Research Proposal
This written assignment is based on the work conducted in the “Z, T, or Chi-Square Test Study” discussion forum from last week. Based on this initial work, feedback received, and additional research, you should submit a mini research proposal that calls for the use of a z test, t test, or Chi-Square test.
Please include the following in the research proposal:
- Introduction (1-2 paragraphs)
- Present the research question of interest.
- Explain how the chosen statistical test applies to this research question.
- Provide the statistical notation and written explanations for the null and alternative hypotheses.
- Explain the types of errors that can occur.
- Participants (1 paragraph)
- List how many participants will be selected.
- Identify who will be the participants and their major demographic characteristics (e.g., sex, age, etc.).
- Explain how participants will be selected for the study.
- Procedures (1-2 paragraphs)
- Identify the variables in the study.
- Describe each variable’s scale of measurement (nominal, ordinal, interval, or ratio) and characteristics (i.e., discrete vs. continuous, qualitative vs. categorical, etc.).
- Provide an operational definition for each variable, explaining how the variables will be measured.
- Results (1-2 paragraphs)
- Describe the statistical test that will be conducted. Be sure to include why the test was chosen and why it is appropriate for this study.
- Identify the information that will be obtained from the results of this test and what will be needed to draw conclusions regarding the hypotheses.
- Discussion (1 paragraph)
- Identify any expected biases, assumptions, or faults with the proposed study and the use of the identified statistical test.
- Explain what conclusions can and cannot be made for this study, and using this statistical test.
- Describe the practical significance or importance of the results.
The paper should be APA formatted as a research proposal, and approximately 1000 to 1350 words of content. Include a title page, and a reference page that includes any resources utilized. Students should submit their paper by Day 7.
Point Value: 7 Points
Weekly Learning Outcome Alignment: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
"Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!"