1. Start with a Thesis that says something not obvious and arguable
2. Write about 5 Topic Sentences supporting the Thesis (full sentences).
3. Support each Topic Sentence with evidence from the film/ novel/ story.
4. This evidence should include the language, not just the plot. This means
avoiding plot summary; I know the plot; you don’t need to repeat it for me.
5. Focus on literary devices: metaphor, hyperbole, repetition, symbols, character development and foils, themes, use of unique words, etc.
6. Using the evidence you found, write 5 full body paragraphs
7. Write an Introduction Paragraph and a Concluding Paragraph
8. Check your English carefully
9. Make sure your essay is in proper MLA format