Use complete sentences and specific evidence from the text to support your claims. Make sure you also indicate the page number when you are pulling evidence from the story.
1. Describe the old man that is found on the beach. What does he look like? What language does he speak? How does the old man differ from our usual conceptions of angels? What does the old lady of the village claim the Old Man is?
2. What titles or roles do the townspeople assign to the Old Man? What does this show about them? Use specific quotes from the text to support your claims! Are these observations and judgments justified?
3. How does the couple who find the Old Man profit from him? What happens when the spider woman arrives? What does this show about the people?
4. Is the Old Man able to perform miracles? What is the people’s reaction to this?
5. “A Very Old Man with Enormous Wings” can most certainly be seen as a fable, of sorts. Keeping this in mind, what morals does this story teach?
In order to receive full credit for this post you must: