Your final project is to select a crime article from the local newspaper, or internet news source. It must be a news source like CNN, FOXNEWS, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, TIME, NEWSWEEK, etc. You should spend time laying out the facts of the case/crime (this can be outline format or bullet), but the bulk of your paper should be 3 pages minimum (no less than 1,000 words), typed in APA format.
What to Do:
1. Your assignment is to apply one, and only one, crime theory (like Routine Activities Theory) to your chosen case that does a good job of explaining the crime.
2. Secondly, you are to choose another theory (only one) that does a bad job of explaining the crime.
3. You will need to integrate facts from the case into your argument justifying your position (pro/con).
4. You can include internet links for reference only, but they cannot replace your typed entries. They are only allowed as supporting material.
5. Once complete the paper, you will need to submit it via a Word document uploaded in the drop box provided.
Again, if you are unfamiliar with the correct APA formatting rules, please reference the following website. http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/