1) Who was Muhammed? What kind of prophet do Muslims consider him to be?
2) List and briefly describe the Five Pillars of Islam.
3) What is the Qur’an?
4) What is/are the Sunnah and the Hadith?
5) What is the Hijra? Why is it significant in Islamic history?
6) What are the origins of the Sunni/Shi’a split?
7)What is Wahhabism? Why does this relatively late movement develop?
8) List and describe at least two major Islamic holidays/ritual celebrations.
9) Write a brief (1-2 paragraph) description of Sufism.
10) What is the range of roles of women in Islam?