1. Locate and select a contemporary music video released after January 1, 2000, by any composer / performer that has an easily sharable URL that can be viewed by your classmates.
2. Carefully listen to your selected song and critically examine its components, style, context, and influence. You may also wish to refer back to the Module 6 Required Online Exploration resources as well as the required pages in your textbook.
3. Do research and find the relevant information required in step 4. Be sure to cite the websites, books, textbook, etc. where you found the information.
4. Now that you’ve carefully examined the work of music you selected, write a new thread of at least 200 words, in which you:
- Identify the song and artist / band that you chose.
- Provide a brief biography of your chosen artist / band.
- Describe the artist’s / band’s style of music.
- Identify at least one musician, band or musical style from the textbook or online exploration that influenced your chosen song. (Consider similarities in components, style, and/or context).
- Indicate how you came to that conclusion and include specific evidence from the text, your research, your online exploration, and your chosen song that supports your arguments.
- Include the URL (hyperlink) to your chosen song.
- Explain why you chose the song, using your knowledge of musical components, styles, and history.
"Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!"