You are in Johnson County in the deep South. The Sheriff, Jim Jones has had a murder, and the FBI has come in to claim jurisdiction. It appears that this suspected perpetrator is a serial killer who has been crossing state lines. Sheriff Jones has a force of all Caucasian officers. He is also known for his propensity to denigrate minorities. The FBI force consists of Caucasian officers, Asian-American officers and African-American officers. The lead investigator is of Asian descent. Sheriff Jones has to work hand-in-hand with this lead investigator. He has shown that he is not happy about the situation.
- Address the following in 3–4 pages:
- What effect would this have on his leadership role with his officers? Explain.
- What effect would this have on his interaction with another agency? Explain.
- Would this have an effect on community relations and cooperation with the community with the FBI? Explain.
- If this attitude continued and Sheriff Jones held back pertinent information from the FBI that caused the perpetrator to flee the area, would this behavior cause moral problems within Sheriff Jones’ department? Why?
- How would it have an effect on the officers?
- Be sure to reference all sources using APA style.
"Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!"