This week, you will submit summaries of quantitative and qualitative studies. The purpose of this assignment is to become familiar with published research, research designs, and methodologies. For the assignment, you will select two original or primary research studies: one quantitative research study and one qualitative study related to the field of nursing. You will write an abstract of each study.
NOTE: Because submission of the original articles is part of the assignment requirements and is necessary for grading, any assignment submitted without the accompanying articles will be considered incomplete. An incomplete assignment will be initially assigned a zero. The student has the opportunity to submit articles to complete the assignment.
Address the following questions in each of your abstracts:
1. What type of research is it (quantitative, qualitative)?
2. What was the research question(s) or hypothesis?
3. What is the sample (population), the sample size, and sample attributes (characteristics)?
4. What is the setting (facility type, location, and country) of the study?
5. What were the researcher’s results and findings? (Identify one that clearly measures the dependent variable or objective of the research.)