Read/review the following resources for this activity:
- Textbook: Chapter 4, 5, 6
- Minimum of 1 scholarly source (in addition to the textbook)
Initial Post Instructions
For the initial post, select and address one of the following:
- Option 1: Examine Marx’s writings on communism and socialism and compare them to how they manifested in reality? What worked and what didn’t? What misconceptions do we have about his original intent based on what we see in past or current governments?
- Option 2: Compare and contrast communism and fascism. Select one example for each to examine the origins of the governments, their accomplishments, and their failures. What accounts for the fact that the masses mobilized to support these movements? Elaborate.
- Option 3: Examine Depression-Era social programs (select one or more to examine in detail). Were the fears of a communist take-over based on the implementation of these programs grounded in reality? Why or why not? How do they compare to social programs in place today?
"Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!"