Conduct an evidence-based literature search to identify the most recent standards of care/treatment modalities from peer-reviewed articles and professional association guidelines (www.guideline.gov)
MUST INCLUDE FOLLOWING:
- What is the transmission and pathophysiology of TB?
- What are the clinical manifestations?
- After considering this scenario, what are the primary identified medical concerns for this patient?
- What are the primary psychosocial concerns?
- What are the implications of the treatment regimen, as far as likelihood of compliance and outcomes? Search the Internet to research rates of patient compliance in treatment of TB, as well as drug resistant TB.
- Identify the role of the community clinic in assisting patients, particularly undocumented patients, in covering the cost of TB treatment. What resources exist for TB treatment in community health centers around the United States? Compare the cost for treatment between, subsidized as it would be for a community health center, and unsubsidized.
- What are the implications of TB for critical care and advanced practice nurses?
Consider all of the factors of quality and safety that you have learned about in the past 10 weeks.
In the discussion forum this week explain why we would choose to place so much emphasis on QSEN at the start of the Practical Nursing Program.
Then, choose one of the QSEN competencies (Patient Centered Care, Teamwork and Collaboration, Informatics, Evidence Based Practice, Safety, or Quality Improvement) and one attitude that you think is most important for a student nurse to incorporate in their practice right from the start.